Have a safe stay –
Being safe and healthy while traveling is the new luxury in hospitality.
Being able to “Social Distance” has always been an important feature of our property. Right from the beginning, Tierra Magnifica was designed to provide personal space for our guests to enjoy. We know there is much more to staying healthy when visiting public places these days, so we’ve made adjusting to the “new normal” a top priority while ensuring that you will still be in the lap of luxury at our 14 room open-air boutique hotel. We’ve expanded Tierra Magnifica’s open-air common areas to accommodate social distancing, added personal amenities to enhance relaxing and working within the privacy of your room, and we’ve provided thorough training for our staff on the latest health protocols, all to ensure the utmost comfort and safety for you while staying at our slice of paradise in Nosara, Costa Rica.
Below is a sampling of the actions we have initiated. There are many more actions we are taking behind the scenes in addition to this list, and you can be assured that we are making adjustments as new information regarding the health and well-being of our guests’ becomes available. If there is anything else we can do to give you comfort while staying with us, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
– Check in/out is done directly online or via email.
– All staff members are fully vaccinated and each team member is screened daily for flu-like symptoms, including their temperature taken prior to beginning their shift.
– Upon guest arrival, we’ll greet you with our hands to our hearts and a warm smile.
– Temperature checks are given to each guest upon arrival and offered daily for guests.
– All travel luggage is disinfected prior to being taken to your room.
– Highly trained housekeeping staff will completely disinfect your room before your arrival, including door knobs, A/C remote, lamp switches, window shutters and other objects and surfaces of common use.
– We have incorporated a new member to our TM family, for the sole purpose of frequent sanitation of common areas and surfaces.
– Room keys are disinfected prior to guest arrival.
– Guests receive their own personal glass water bottles and Riedel wine glass that are theirs to use while staying with us and are welcome to take home as a memento of your time with us.
– Our restaurant menu-is available as a QR code or printed if you prefer.
– Our new pool area offers lounge beds that are 6-feet minimum from each other, and our lounge and dining areas offer physical distanced tables and chairs to keep you safe and comfortable.
– When moving about common areas, face coverings are required for the safety of guests & staff (masks and latex gloves are available in the common areas).
– Your meals, spa services, tours and activities, and gratuity will be placed on your room tab. We accept major credit and debit cards for your purchases at checkout. We do not accept cash at this time due to the high susceptibility to contamination.
– Employees have indoor shoes and uniforms which are only allowed to be worn when on the property.
Additional Health Enhancements
– Yoga & Meditation classes are limited to 8 guests and the instructor.
– Private Bubble Shuttle to the beach and local attractions are available.
– Concierge WhatsApp line for guest requests, including room service.
As of January 8th, all travelers and residents of Costa Rica will be required to show proof of a valid vaccination record via the online health pass QR code. Our Hotel and Restaurant will require all guests to present this proof of vaccination. At this time we will be able to operate at full capacity under this directive.
Experiencing Flu-like Symptoms
Should a guest begin to experience flu-like symptoms we will ask them to remain in their spacious room while we contact our local medical clinic with excellent doctors who speak English. If deemed necessary the doctor will administer a Corona Virus test in the comfort of your room and if a guest should test positive we will follow Costa Rica’s health protocols for the wellbeing of the guest and all guests at Tierra Magnifica (currently the Costa Rican Dept. of Health requires positive case guests to quarantine on the property). For elderly or at-risk guests we can make arrangements to fly them to a private hospital in San Jose.
Traveler requirements for entering Costa Rica
Online Health Form
Please note that all travelers entering into Costa Rica are required to complete this online health form no more than 72 hours prior to entry.
Covid-19 Related Insurance
Check with your current medical/travel insurance provider to see if they cover COVID-19 related medical and travel expenses for international destinations.
If you are unable to find insurance coverage from your provider, Costa Rica has national insurance available. Click here to review their policy and cost. We also have a partnership with a US-based travel organization that has an expertise in designing customized travel insurance packages specifically covering Covid related expenses. Contact our partner David at Cadillac travel by clicking here.
Useful Links for traveling in Costa Rica
For more information regarding entering and traveling throughout Costa Rica please take a look at these links provided by the Costa Rican Department of Tourism, and the US Embassy in Costa Rica .
This page provides a brief description of our Covid-19 protocols. If you questions additional questions or you would like more information please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here! We’ll be happy to provide you with more information regarding our protocols.